“I just bought a new 211t+, I need to use 50Hz. but in the box, it is showing 60Hz, how can I change to 50Hz manually. I have an old 211t, I can change to 50Hz, but on 211t+, there is no such option. pls let me know how to change to 50Hz on 211t+”
211T+ is a simplified version of 211T. The answer could be found on 211T User’s Guide.
Setting Up to Display in HD:
Use the following steps to select the HDTV display format that best matches your TV or monitor.
Consult your HDTV user’s guide for the HD format resolution that the TV supports (1080i or 720p).
Press MENU, select System Setup, and then HDTV Setup to open the DishHD 211t or 211t+ HDTV Setup screen.
While in this menu, select the Aspect Ratio option that matches your TV:
• 16×9 is the setting for wide screen HDTV display.
• 4×3 #1 is the setting to use on a 4×3 TV which uses vertical compression. When viewing a 16×9 program, a compatible TV automatically makes the picture letterbox format (black bars top and bottom) to preserve the correct horizontal and vertical proportions.
• 4×3 #2 is the setting to use on a 4×3 TV which does NOT have internal vertical compression. When viewing a 16×9 program, such a TV will not show black bars at the top and bottom, and the picture will appear tall and vertically stretched.
On the back panel of the DishHD 211t, there is a toggle switch that changes from 50Hz to 60Hz. By default, it is set to 60Hz. This switch affects TV output in the following ways:
• When the switch is set to 60Hz, the following TV formats are supported:
– RCA Composite—NTSC
– RCA Component/HDMI—480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i
• When the switch is set to 50Hz, the following TV formats are supported:
– RCA Composite—PAL
– RCA Component/HDMI—576i, 576p, 720p, and 1080i
5. Select Done.
If required, set up the HDTV to display in the format you desire. Some HDTVs automatically adjust to the resolution setting of the DishHD 211t or 211t+.