Many problems arise from basic isunderstandings of how the system works, especially when you are justt becoming familiar with it. These tables cover many problems, usually with a simple solution for each one. To solve a particular problem, do the following:
1 Review the section in this Guide that relates to the problem.
2 If you cannot find a solution, then find the section in the following tables that relates to the problem.
• Read the What's Happening column until you find the problem.
• Read the information in the Possible Reason column.
• Try each of the suggested solutions in the What to Do column.
3 Sometimes resetting the DishHD 211t can fix a minor problem. See Resetting to Factory Defaults on page 76.
4 Make sure your TV is tuned to the correct channel or input. Use RECOVER as described on page 68.
5 Make sure your remote control has fresh batteries. If you see the Remote Battery Low warning on your TV screen, it's time to change the batteries. Follow the instructions on page 8.
6 Check for anything that might be blocking the satellite signal (for example, tree branches, another building, etc.).
Acquiring Satellite Signal, Please Wait:
Signal issues, such as error messages 015, 002, or 004. Verify you are not experiencing severe weather. Although rare, severe weather can temporarily interrupt the satellite signal. If so, the problem should resolve itself once the weather passes. Verify there is nothing blocking your dish's view of the sky, such as a tree or plant growth. Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front of your DishHD STB. Verify the power light on the DishHD STB's front panel is lit. If not, turn on the DishHD STB by pressing SAT, then POWER on the remote control, or by pressing the Power button on the front of the DishHD STB.
Snowy, Blue, or Black Screen
Verify the power light on the DishHD STB's front panel is lit. If not, turn on the DishHD STB by pressing SAT, then POWER on the remote control, or by pressing the Power button on the front of the DishHD STB.
Verify your TV is turned on and is set to the correct channel or input. If not, turn the TV on and change it to the correct channel or input.
Use the RECOVER button (see Return to Satellite Programming ).
Remote Control Issues
Press the SAT mode button. For another device that isn't responding, press that device's Mode button (for example, press TV to control a TV). Replace the batteries with four new AAA batteries. Be sure the batteries are installed as indicated on the diagram inside the remote control's battery compartment. Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front of the DishHD STB. The System Info screen displays. Press RECORD on the remote control. Press SELECT to exit the System Info screen. To program your remote control to another device, refer to the RemoteControl chapter in the User Guide .
Press GUIDE on the remote control until the list at the top of the Program Guide says “All Sub.” Check to see if your channels have returned. Check to see if the missing channels are locked (refer to the Locks chapter in the User Guide ).
Tip: Some DishHD STB problems can be resolved by pressing and holding the POWER button on the front of the DishHD STB until the front panel lights go out and come back on. After releasing the POWER button, the DishHD STB returns to normal operation within a few minutes.
Rain and Inclement Weather Fade
Heavy rain or dense cloud cover can reduce the satellite signal, which may interrupt your programming service. Your service will return after the weather condition has passed. Aiming the dish during installation to get the strongest signal helps prevent rain and dense cloud cover from interrupting the signal.
Twice a year, the sun moves to a position behind the satellites as they orbit the Earth. This event occurs during a few days at the beginning of the spring and the beginning of the autumn and lasts only a few minutes. During these brief periods, you are not able to view programs. When the sun has moved from behind the satellites, the programs reappear. This is an unavoidable natural event for all television involving the use of satellites and has an adverse effect on many program providers.
Moving On Screen Logo
Whenever the DishHD 211t is turned off using the remote control or front panel POWER button, you see the DishHD logo moving around on your TV screen. This feature is included with your DishHD 211t to assure you that you can view programming from your satellite receiver. Press POWER or SELECT on the remote control to resume watching satellite TV programming.
TIPS:• Always have the latest software —ensure DishHD 211t updates are enabled (see page 77) to keep your program guide and DishHD 211t updated.
How do I find something to watch?
Refer to page 4 for ways to view programs. For more information on finding something to watch, see Chapter 3: Finding Programs to Watch .
Why are some of the channels red in the Program Guide?
The channels that are red in the Program Guide are those which are not currently in your subscription. If you'd like to add those channels to your subscription, go to www.DishHDasia.com.
I'm looking at program information in a guide I bought at the store, but nothing matches what's on my DishHD 211t, is something wrong?
No. DishHD programming may vary from what you'll find in a local publication. For best results, use the Program Guide on your DishHD 211t.
Why does my remote control not work?
• Make sure the remote control is in the right mode (see page 59).
• Make sure you are pointing the remote directly at the DishHD 211t (or TV, DVD, or VCR player).
• Make sure the batteries are good (see page 8).
How can I customize the Program Guide to show only my favorite channels?
You can set up a Favorites List as described on page 24. You can change how the Program Guide is displayed (size of text, number of programming hours displayed, etc.) as described on page 73.
Why are some of my channels missing?
– You may have locked or hidden the channels. See Chapter 5: Locks on page 33 for information on locking and unlocking the DishHD 211t.
– You may have the wrong list showing in the Program Guide. Press GUIDE to open the Program Guide. Press GUIDE again to select the next Favorites List. Press GUIDE repeatedly to scan through all the available lists. See Favorites Lists on page 24 for more information.
Why are channels missing from the Program Guide?
• You might have a Favorites List that does not contain those channels. Press GUIDE until the All Chan or All Sub list displays.
• You might have channels locked and hidden.
Why didn't a lock I set take effect?
You have to lock the DishHD 211t for any lock you set to take effect. See page 33 for details.
What do I do if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you will need to contact the DishHD Customer Service Center.
How can I fast forward through commercials?
If you are watching a pre-recorded program or if you have delayed a live program, press SKIP FWD or FWD on your DishHD remote control. However, you cannot skip ahead while watching live TV.
Why did the DishHD 211t delete a program I recorded?
Your recording was unprotected. When the DishHD 211t's hard drive fills, it deletes the oldest unprotected recording. You can protect your recordings as described on page 49.
Where can I go to find out why the DishHD 211t didn't record something I scheduled?
Look at your Daily Schedule and refer to When a Timer Starts a Recording on page 50.
Why don't I have Daily Schedule listed on the Main Menu?
If you do not have an external hard drive attached to your DishHD 211t, then Daily Schedule does not appear in the Main Menu.
Why does my Main Menu look different from what is listed in the User Guide?
The Main Menu has Timers listed as menu option 4 when there is not an external hard drive attached to the DishHD 211t. The Main Menu has Daily Schedule listed as menu option 4 when there is an external hard drive attached to the DishHD 211t.
My remote doesn't control my DishHD 211t or other devices. What should I do?
• Put the remote control in the correct mode (page 59).
• Check the batteries (page 8).
Why is my audio in another language?
You may have selected an alternate language. See the instructions on page 74 to change your preferred language.
How can I change the channel order in the Program Guide?
You can switch from ascending order (lowest to highest) or descending order (highest to lowest) by following the instructions on page 72.
002: Heavy rain or cloud cover may be interfering with transmission of the satellite signal, or there may be other interference.
• Note the local weather conditions. Remove any debris which may have collected on the dish.
• Make sure that the dish has a clear line of sight to the satellite. Check whether branches or leaves have grown into the line of sight.
• Make sure that the dish is aimed at the satellite. Check the strength of the signal using the Point Dish screen as described on page 86. Consult your installer to re-aim the dish, if necessary, to obtain the strongest possible signal
003, 004: The wrong type of coaxial cable may be used in the system, or the cable run length may be too long.
• Make sure the system uses RG6 coaxial cable; if not, call your dealer or installer.
• Check the reflector-to-DishHD 211t cable run length is not more than 200 feet. Make sure that all required cables are in place, replica rolex watches and check that all cable connections are tight and dry (for outdoor cables).
The DishHD 211t may not yet have been electronically linked with the system, via the satellite signal. The dish may have moved so that it is no longer picking up the satellite signal. The cable connections may have loosened or have moisture inside. There may be an interruption of the satellite signal.
• If you have authorized the DishHD 211t (added it to your account), replica watches wait a few minutes to see if the message is removed. Make sure that all required cables are in place, and check that all cable connections are tight and dry (for outdoor cables).
• Make sure that the dish has a clear line of sight to the satellite. Check whether branches or leaves have grown into the line of sight. Check that the Signal Strength bar in the Point Dish screen is green and displays the word Locked , as described on page 86. If not, contact your installer to re-aim the dish.
Viewers in specific areas are prohibited from watching certain programs. For example, viewers who live close to a particular football stadium may be prohibited from watching football games that are played in that stadium. Program providers specify which programs are blacked out for specific areas, not DishHD.